If you’re considering buying a house in Malibu, California, you should be excited; this coastal city is a hugely popular destination for vacations and luxurious full-time living alike. Malibu neighborhoods have something to offer everyone, thanks to its proximity to Los Angeles and its stunning beaches, and you won’t be disappointed no matter where you settle in this famous city.
But with so many different Malibu to choose from, it can be tough to decide where to buy a house. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to some of the popualar neighborhoods of Malibu. Whether you’re looking for a party atmosphere or a more laid-back vibe, we’re sure you’ll find the perfect place to call home.
7 Luxurious Malibu Neighborhoods and Beach Communities
1. Zuma Beach: If you’re looking for a beach town feel, a home near Zuma Beach is your ticket. This area is home to some of the best surf in Southern California. When you’re not hanging 10, you can enjoy the many shops and restaurants that line the streets.
2. Point Dume: Point Dume is the perfect place to call home if you want a quieter, more relaxing atmosphere. This neighborhood is known for its beautiful homes and breathtaking ocean views. If you’re interested in nature, Point Dume also offers miles of hiking trails with stunning vistas, not to mention the Point Dume State Beach and Natural Preserve, which is much less trafficked than some other areas of Malibu.
3. Broad Beach: As its name suggests, Broad Beach is home to one of the most expansive stretches of sand in all of Malibu. This makes it a popular spot for sunbathers and volleyball players alike. When you need a break from the sun, there are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby to explore. This is one of the most exclusive and expensive stretches of land in all of Malibu.
4. Carbon Beach: Also known as “Billionaires’ Beach,” due to its wealthy residents’ fight against public beach access, Carbon Beach is another one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in Malibu. This area is known for its luxury homes right on the sand, packed in tight side by side. Over the years, the city has opened up 3 access points to the beach, turning the Carbon Beach narrative into a more positive story for the locals.
5. Malibu Colony: Located just minutes from downtown Malibu and world-class dining, shopping, and entertainment, Malibu Colony is the perfect place for those who want easy access to all the city has to offer and to live in an area known for being home to many celebrities. If you’re itching for luxury, you can find everything from classic bungalows to regal mansions in Malibu Colony.
6. Malibu road: For those who want to be right in the middle of all the action, Malibu Road is the place to be. This neighborhood stretches along Malibu Road in central Malibu, and like the others we’ve discussed, has plenty of shops and restaurants nearby to enjoy when you’re not down by the water. Locals call Malibu Road “The Old Road” because it used to be part of the original Pacific Coast Highway before it was moved inland.
7. Downtown malibu: Since the geography of Malibu is quite unique, being a ~20-mile stretch of land between the coast and the mountains, it’s hard to define a specific area as “downtown.” Most people would probably refer to the sights, shopping, dining, etc. surrounding the pier and the Malibu Country Mart to be the most well-defined downtown area. Living in this area of course puts you close to the most action, and you’re still just steps from the beach.
Think you’re ready to start your home search in Malibu?
There’s no denying that Malibu is one of the most luxurious places to live in Southern California. With its beautiful beaches and upscale neighborhoods, it’s no wonder that real estate prices here are some of the highest in the state.
But just because Malibu is an exclusive community doesn’t mean that finding your dream home here has to be difficult. In fact, with a little help from an experienced local Realtor, you can be sure to find the perfect property for you or your family in this stunning beach city. Realtors who know the Malibu market will be able to help you navigate the sometimes complicated process of buying a home in such a high-end community. And whether you’re looking for a waterfront estate or a cozy bungalow off the sand, we can help you find exactly what you’re looking for.
So if you’re ready to start your search for a new home in Malibu, contact That Guy Tury to jump-start the process with a proven local Realtor on your side. Talk to you soon!